Air Control Pilates®
Aerial Pilates Teacher Training
This course is learnt on your own, using our online platform, in your own time and space. Your assessment is submitted in your own time (additional fee)Sign up now!
Self Directed Air Control Pilates® Aerial Pilates Teacher Training - Stage 1
Who is this course for?
Aerial Pilates Teacher Training for Aerialists, Pilates Teachers, and/or enthusiasts!
What is Aerial Pilates
We use the aerial hammock apparatus to guide you through the perfect fusion of aerial arts and the Pilates method. Created and taught by an aerialist and Pilates teacher.
Aerial Pilates with Air Control Pilates® involves practising Pilates exercises in the air by suspending the body, or parts of the body in an aerial hammock. The hammock is suspended close to the ground at the height of the hips to the lower leg. Beginners practising aerial Pilates start by practising exercises on the floor with the assistance of the aerial hammock, then gradually advance to exercises that require full body suspension.
What you'll learn
The Air Control Pilates® syllabus technique and theory behind the artistry
Includes these modules;
- Introduction to Anatomy
- Circus History and its intertwining with Pilates
- Safe Practice in Aerial Pilates
- Wings Tool Kit: Living your full potential
- 6 months Pilates matwork subscription of full library
- Exclusive access to 'In Her Shadows' Aerial Theatre show (run time 40 mins)
Units for Air Control Pilates® Aerial Pilates teacher training covering;
- Unit 1: Rigging Awareness
- Unit 2: Introduction to Anatomy
- Unit 3: Pilates History
- Unit 4: Pilates Fundamentals and principles
- Unit 5: Air Syllabus, worksheets, and exercise videos
- Unit 6: Planning to teach
- Unit 7: Teaching an Air Control Pilates session
- Unit 8: Managing & Marketing your classes
- Unit 9: Assessment
After you've qualified, you can become an Air Artist!
* Please note: You need to successfully pass the assessment process to become a qualified Air Control Pilates® teacher
What you receive:
- Air Control Pilates® Aerial Pilates syllabus using the aerial hammock and teaching skills
- Videos of the full Air Control Pilates® syllabus
- Teaching cues and explanation syllabus Videos
- 100 + page Online and downloadable Stage 1 Teacher Training Manual including syllabus worksheets
- Pre-recorded Classes to observe
- Choreography Videos & lesson plans
- International Air Control Pilates® Teachers Forum once qualified
- Guidance on safe practice appropriate for Aerial Pilates
- In-depth guided tuition covering the Pilates fundamentals and principles, including information about the 34 Pilates matwork exercises
- World class knowledge in Aerial, Pilates and safety in rigging
What do I need to attend?
- You will need access to the safe rigging of an aerial hammock
- Please complete 'Safe Practice of Aerial Pilates' course prior to attending if you are not clear about your hammock set up
- Access to a good internet connection
Sign up now!
- Learn in your own time, space & pace
- Individual video submission for assessment and feedback
- Self-directed study and practice through our online platform
- Each student will receive access to an online teaching platform and a course manual. You can learn via videos and/or written course content