'In Her Shadows'
In Her Shadows
'In Her Shadows' was a captivating dance-mindscape production, featuring aerial artistry and physical theatre with mesmerising visual projections and haunting music. It toured across Scotland as part of the renowned ‘Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival’ & DanceLive in October 2015.
During its tour, 'In Her Shadows' gained significant media attention, even receiving a visit from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The production was covered by esteemed publications such as:
Hello Magazine, US Hello, BBC, ITV, STV news, Evening Times, The Scotsman & more
The talented team behind 'In Her Shadows' included;
- Co-creator & Performers: Debbie Robbins & Rachael Macintyre
- Director: Cora Bissett
- Visual Artist: Robbie Thompson
- Lighting Designer: Simon Wilkinson
- Rigger: Imogen Michel
- Composer: Ewan Macintyre
- Dance consultant: Ethelinda Lashley
- Aerial consultant: Fred Deb
- Production Manager: John Wilkie
- Technical Lighting on tour: Andrew Green
- Photographer: daniel lacasta fitzsimmons
- Filmographer: Ray Bird
- Scottish Poet: 'Today' written & spoken by Jenny Lindsay
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have shown their support for an innovative Scottish festival which is challenging preconceived ideas about mental health during a visit to Dundee.
The Cambridges met the staff and crew behind a moving and thought-provoking piece, In Her Shadows, a visual performance that explores a young woman’s relationship with her depression – and highlights the stigmas surrounding the illness.”
'In Her Shadows'
A fusion of dance, aerial artistry, and physical theatre, the performance was enhanced by stunning visual projections.
Directed by Cora Bissett