Meditation, Movement & Release
Air Control Pilates®
Aerial Hammock Course
** Self directed course - learn in your own time and space via this online platformSign Up for #hammocklife now!
Self Directed Aerial Hammock Meditation Course
Air Control Pilates®
Who is this course for?
This course is for Aerialists, Pilates & Yoga Teachers, and/or enthusiasts working with the Aerial Hammock
What are Aerial Hammock Meditation sessions?
Hammock meditation is a unique form of practicing guided and non guided meditation sessions in the air by suspending the body, or parts of the body in a soft aerial silk hammock. The hammock is suspended close to the ground, about 1⁄2 a metre, which creates an incredible floating space for the client. This can feel nurturing, supportive and liberating.
What you'll learn
- Safe practice to ensure a professional aerial hammock set up
- Meditation and movement techniques
- Guided meditations (scripted for your ease)
- Deeper understanding of how to hold a meditation session
- Aerial hammock positions
The Benefits of Hammock Meditations
- An introduction to guided meditations & aerial hammocks
- Stimulates creativity and playfulness
- Powerful supportive and nurturing environment
- Invites full body lengthening and relaxation naturally
- The hammocks support the body whichever way it moves
- Great for creating safe spaces for you and your clients
- Provides a safe space to move freely and feel supported
- Liberating, freeing and relaxing
- Natural adult playground
- Be in the moment!
I’ve never meditated before, can I do hammock meditations?
You’ll be in a safe and supported environment, there is no ‘wrong way’ to practise meditation. Any practise and experience is good for your well-being and often leads to personal growth.
There are 10 units for the Air Control Pilates® Hammock Meditation Course covering;
Unit 1: Rigging Awareness (for safe use of the aerial hammock)
Unit 2: Physical Body
Unit 3: Origins of meditation
Unit 4: Principles of meditation
Unit 5: Guided Meditations - Including worksheets
Unit 6: Planning to guide a session
Unit 7: Practising to guide a session
Unit 8: Managing and marketing your meditation and relaxation sessions
Unit 9: Optional assessment
Unit 10: What's next?
* Please note: You need to successfully pass the assessment process to become a qualified Air Control Pilates® Aerial Hammock Meditation Guide
- Self-directed study and practice in your own time and space
- Individual video submission and feedback
- Each student will receive access to our online teaching platform
- Once you've qualified to become an Air guide - You can meet international students from around the world!
If you feel drawn to join us for Aerial Pilates teacher training
There are different ways to join our teacher training course
You can choose to do the course as self-directed studies in your own time and pace, or join our live, interactive group with participants all around the world!
Finally, we have live, in-person courses at our studio in Scotland!
The choice is yours...Sign up to the course!