Meditation, Movement & Release
Air Control Pilates®
Aerial Hammock Course
** Self directed course - learn in your own time and space via this online platform
Book In April to join our LIVE session on Sunday 1 May 3-4pm UK timeSign Up Now for April Launch rate!
Self Directed Aerial Hammock Meditation Course
Air Control Pilates®
Who is this course for?
This course is for Aerialists, Pilates & Yoga Teachers, and/or enthusiasts working with the Aerial Hammock
What are Aerial Hammock Meditation sessions?
Hammock meditation is a unique form of practicing guided and non guided meditation sessions in the air by suspending the body, or parts of the body in a soft aerial silk hammock. The hammock is suspended close to the ground, about 1⁄2 a metre, which creates an incredible floating space for the client. This can feel nurturing, supportive and liberating.
What you'll learn
- Safe practice to ensure a professional aerial hammock set up
- Meditation and movement techniques
- Guided meditations (scripted for your ease)
- Deeper understanding of how to hold a meditation session
- Aerial hammock positions
The Benefits of Hammock Meditations
- An introduction to guided meditations & aerial hammocks
- Stimulates creativity and playfulness
- Powerful supportive and nurturing environment
- Invites full body lengthening and relaxation naturally
- The hammocks support the body whichever way it moves
- Great for creating safe spaces for you and your clients
- Provides a safe space to move freely and feel supported
- Liberating, freeing and relaxing
- Natural adult playground
- Be in the moment!
I’ve never meditated before, can I do hammock meditations?
You’ll be in a safe and supported environment, there is no ‘wrong way’ to practise meditation. Any practise and experience is good for your well-being and often leads to personal growth.
There are 10 units for the Air Control Pilates® Hammock Meditation Course covering;
Unit 1: Rigging Awareness (for safe use of the aerial hammock)
Unit 2: Physical Body
Unit 3: Origins of meditation
Unit 4: Principles of meditation
Unit 5: Guided Meditations - Including worksheets
Unit 6: Planning to guide a session
Unit 7: Practising to guide a session
Unit 8: Managing and marketing your meditation and relaxation sessions
Unit 9: Optional assessment
Unit 10: What's next?
* Please note: You need to successfully pass the assessment process to become a qualified Air Control Pilates® Aerial Hammock Meditation Guide
- Self-directed study and practice in your own time and space
- Individual video submission and feedback
- Each student will receive access to our online teaching platform
- Once you've qualified to become an Air guide - You can meet international students from around the world!